Skip to main content

I was excited to attend SIGGRAPH 2024! 🚀

Generative AI was truly a societal game-changer. The conference highlighted how cutting-edge companies were leveraging GenAI across industries such as Gaming, Media and Entertainment, Manufacturing, AEC, Robotics, and Autonomous Vehicles.

In a light-hearted moment at the event, Mark Zuckerberg and Jensen Huang swapped jerseys, showcasing mutual respect and camaraderie. This kind of collaborative spirit was what drove innovation and progress in our field.

I was incredibly proud of our Z by HP Team for continuing to push the AI conversation to new heights! This year at SIGGRAPH2024, Z by HP teamed up with NVIDIA AI to demonstrate how advanced AI workflows were conducted through our powerhouse Z Workstations. If you attended the conference, I hoped you visited us at Booth 501!

Key insights from the event:

💡 Meta's open-source approach challenged Apple's dominance in building closed systems.

💡 The future of AI would see diversity in AI models rather than one dominant model.

💡 Implementing AI was essential for maintaining competitiveness in the market.

Jensen Huang’s thoughts on AI:

💡 "Every company should integrate AI across all functions. And every company should have 'their' AIs."

💡 "Generative AI was revolutionizing every field at an unprecedented pace."

💡 "NVIDIA’s chip designers used AI assistants. Without AI, the company’s highly sought-after Hopper chips, which powered some of the world’s leading AI models, wouldn’t have been possible. The chipmaker’s new AI platform, Blackwell, also wouldn’t have been possible without AI assistants."

💡 "Every single restaurant, every single website would probably, in the future, have these AIs."

Zuckerberg added, "Just like every business has an email address and a website and a social media account, I thought, in the future, every business would have an AI."

The consistent theme? GenAI represented the future. It was far from a passing trend. It was set to revolutionize our internal processes and our collaborations with external partners and organizations.

Thanks for sharing your experience and the key takeaways from the conference!